Johannis de Travalino
The first certain mention of the Estate dates to 18 November 1111. The last will and testament of the priest Gisulfo cites one Johannis de Travalino, from whom the place where the ancient monastery stood takes its name.
The «new» vineyards
Friar Guidone di Sannazzaro was granted jurisdiction over Calvignano. Among the lands owned by him appeared the hamlet of Travaglino, and for the first time in the area the term “new” vineyards was used, a sign that winegrowing already flourished there.